Saturday, December 3, 2011

2800 honour attacks and revolting racism in the UK

Last week we treated to the spectacle of a ranting racist woman abusing immigrants on the London Underground and it has emerged that this isn't an isolated incident and it did and didn't surprise me. I love London or rather my sisters London, it is cultural melting pot in many ways but a middle class one.

I had a chat to a young Black guy in a pub one evening and having spent my life from 8 years old talking with a Kiwi accent he was astonished when I told him I was Scottish then added by birth and explained that I was an immigrant to New Zealand. He laughed when I recounted a conversation  with a friend back at university at age 19 that we sort of found it difficult to reconcile a Black man speaking with a British accent something that was starting to emerge on TV in New Zealand in the early to mid 80's. We didn't object to English accented Blacks we just were unaware of them.

Our focus was South Africa and Black people were meant sound African or American and I ashamed to say it but if you were White Afrikaans we hated your guts, totally irrational because many of you were as appalled by apartheid as  we were.

Then we get this in the NZ Herald today.


" More than 2,800 so-called honour attacks - punishments for bringing shame on the family - were recorded by Britain's police last year, according to figures released yesterday.
At least 2,823 incidents of "honour-based" violence took place, with the highest number recorded in London, the Iranian and Kurdish Women's Rights Organisation (IKWRO) found.
The figures were compiled from 39 out of the 52 British police forces. The others were unwilling or unable to provide data. Eight areas recorded at least 100 incidents, the figures showed.
The attacks included murder, mutilation, beatings, abduction and acid attacks."


I despise what the "tube racist's" say but if you agree to join a community then  you should accept the laws of that community and if murdering your daughter because she was raped by your neighbour and refused to marry him I will start to tell people to fuck off. I will become the person on the train, actually I won't but telling them to fuck off is an option I would like to look at.

Should we be able to revoke citizenship ?

No comments:

Post a Comment