Monday, August 15, 2011

Sometimes it snows in Auckland

I come from the deep south and snow is something I am used to hell I am from Scotland a place that snow is common and just part of life. But Snow is not all that common to the part of New Zealand I live in now in fact the  lst time it happened here was  was in 1974 if radio news reports are accurate or 80 years if you believe to days NZ Herald I will admit it is bloody cold today.


" Snow has fallen on most of the country, including downtown Auckland for the first time in 80 years, as a 'once in a lifetime' polar blast spreads across New Zealand, forecasters say.
Widespread reports of snow emerged this afternoon as bitterly cold and stormy conditions set in around Auckland.
Weather watch.co.nz this afternoon confirmed snowflakes had fallen in Auckland city centre for the first time since the 1930s."


Lets get real. Just had a call from Mum in the deep south and she has 4 foot of snow. In the mean time  my Magnolia has done this today.

" Sometimes all good things come to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment