Wednesday, August 17, 2011

No sex in New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup

I  am in advertising I understand advertising and this is an idea that would never have occurred to me because it is just about the fucking most stupid idea in the history of fucking stupid ideas that I have ever heard of. From today's NZ Herald  no sex for fans


"Abstain for the All Blacks" - to start late next week - will be driven by the Telecom-sponsored official All Blacks' fan site, BackingBlack. It asks supporters to avoid sex during the World Cup to support the team."
The campaign will be fronted by former All Black captain Sean Fitzpatrick, and participants will receive black rubber finger-rings to show they have signed up for the World Cup next month."

I'll bet that puts of horny  guys and  girls off a trip to NZ in the hope of a bit of World Cup shagging. It gets better. 
" But a marketing person familiar with the campaign said Telecom's advertising agency, Saatchi & Saatchi, considered it "edgy" and expected it to be controversial.

He told the Herald: "I think this thing is a bloody embarrassment. The rest of the world will take the piss out of us. This will be much better sport than the rugby. It's inexplicable. "


He is right.


Telecom are of course an outstanding NZ company  hell they have managed in the last 12 years to drop their share price from $8.50 to about $2.50 and will now be involved in rolling out broadband  to NZ and  all paid for by the NZ tax payer. 


I will post the video in comments.  I guess the idea behind it is if we as a nation don't score then the All Blacks will. Now I need to figure out who has got the LSD.    

No comments:

Post a Comment