Monday, September 17, 2012

Islamic outrage. Australia needs to act forcefully.

ABC ( Australia ) reports 

Police warn of more arrests after Sydney protests

Police in Sydney say they are likely to call in their federal counterparts as they try to trace the computer used to send a group text message linked to Saturday's violent protest in the city's CBD.
Six police officers were injured during clashes with Muslim protesters who had gathered to voice their anger over a low-budget US film, mocking the Prophet Mohammed, which has caused fury around the Muslim world.
The ABC understands the protest was sparked by a mass text message which read in part: "They are mocking him in a movie, why are we allowing this, why are we silenced, we must defend his honour."
Six men have been charged over the protest so far, but police say they expect to make further arrests.

Followed I hope by lengthy jail terms and deportations.
New South Wales Police Deputy Commissioner Nick Kaldas says Australian Federal Police expertise could assist them tracking the computer used to send the message.
"I wouldn't say they're involved in terms of being part of the investigation, but whenever we have called for their assistance they have been very helpful," he said.
"If the matter involves electronic investigation then we do tend to work in cooperation with others."
Commissioner Kaldas said police were unaware of how many people received the message, but he said he understood it was first circulated in relation to a demonstration which had been scheduled for 1:00pm on Sunday.
"Somewhere along the line that was changed and obviously it was shifted to Saturday," he told AM.
"We were aware that Sunday had actually been canned essentially because there was a conference on from one of the groups that were organising it and they didn't want to go ahead.
"So as far as we were aware, I don't think we were aware that anything was going to shift to Saturday until it began to mount."
At least nine people have been killed and scores injured in worldwide protests sparked by the 13-minute Innocence of Muslims video which has been posted on the internet.
Among the protesters in Sydney was at least one child carrying a placard which called for the beheading of people who insulted the prophet.

It is incredible what we are expected to put up with in the name of religious tolerance. New Zealand blogger Not PC  has listed the outrages inflicted on the West by " these people of God " and concluded we are at war, undeclared, but war none the less. It is hard to argue with him.

This morning Foreign Affairs Minister Bob Carr urged Australians not to blame all Muslims for the behaviour of what he said was a "telephone box minority".

The problem is that we don't hold all Muslims accountable a child carries a sign calling for beheadings and the Australian authorities deem that he is growing up in a safe environment
I have seen the beheading of Eugene Armstrong I don't recommend it but the link is there. This is Islam. This is what Muslim Australia wants.

"It was an unacceptable demonstration, first in terms of the violence that was used - and I accept the views of the police completely that it was generated by some of the protesters - and secondly the sentiments being expressed," he told News Breakfast.
"Those sentiments are repugnant to Australians, and repugnant to Australians particularly of Islamic background.

Except Mr Carr they are not repugnant to Islamic Australians or this would not of happened.
"This telephone box minority, this hundred-strong demonstration, had nothing to do with the Islamic community I know and I admire, and I appeal to Australians not to judge Australian Muslims by what they saw in those pictures, and those images, repugnant as they were."

Just a hundred ? Australians have little else to judge them on Mr Carr. That is other than the list of hate crimes listed in the link above by Not PC.

Mariam Veiszadeh, a lawyer and Muslim community advocate, told News 24 yesterday that many in the Muslim community were outraged by Saturday's scenes.
"The individuals responsible for the violent outburst run completely contrary to Islamic tradition, and the rest of the community is equally as outraged," she said.
"We sincerely hope this doesn't further damage relationships between the Australian Muslim community and the wider Australian community."

OK Mariam do something about it. Give the authorities a list of Muslims that the Australian government should investigate.
Police have set up a strike force to track down those responsible for the protests, with surveillance and media footage to be reviewed.
Six people have already been charged, with one of them, 27-year-old Ahmed Elomar, refused bail.
Police allege he was part of a group who threw bottles and missiles at officers. He will appear in court again on Tuesday.
Elomar's five co-accused have been summonsed to appear in court next month.

Why next month ? Why not jail followed by court next week. 

'This is not Libya'
New South Wales Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione says he was shocked by the violent scenes and has urged those responsible to turn themselves into police.
"If you are one of those people that you know are in those photos, it's better in that you come forward and talk to us because we will certainly be coming to knock on your door," he said.
"You can be assured, we are waiting. We will deal with you," he said.
"This is a no-nonsense engagement. If you want to act like you are extremist criminals, we will treat you like you are extremist criminals.
"This is not Libya. This is not the country where you come to do what we saw yesterday."

Really starting to look like Libya from my side of the ditch.

Yesterday Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Opposition Leader Tony Abbott both condemned the protests.
"This kind of conduct has no place on the streets of our country," Ms Gillard said.
"I also want to say very clearly, I do not want to see in the hands of anyone, particularly children, offensive signs that call for the killing of others.
"This is not the Australian way."
Mr Abbott said he expected "every Australian to live in accordance with Australian values", but that he did not think the protests reflected the true nature of Australia's Islamic community.

So neither Gillard or Abbott are prepared to lay the blame where it clearly belongs. At the feet of Australian Muslims.
This morning Commissioner Zaldas said police had no knowledge of a Coptic Christian cleric who reportedly lived in Sydney for a decade and inspired some of the movie makers in their views.
The Los Angeles Times has reported that three of the people behind Innocence of Muslim are devotees of Zakaria Botros Henein, who has been referred to as Islam's public enemy number one for his criticisms of the Prophet.
The newspaper reports that after being exiled from Egypt, Henein began an online ministry in Australia which preached that Islam was a misguided religion and that the prophet was a morally challenged man.
"It's one of those things that we'll look at," Mr Zaldas said.
"But if somebody has lived in Sydney but didn't break the law and didn't come to notice, I don't know how you can expect the New South Wales Police to be aware of him."

Hang on what the hell is this, shifting the blame to a Coptic Christian called Henein who may or may have not lived in Sydney and in Commissioner Zaldas's own words "..somebody has lived in Sydney but didn't break the law and didn't come to notice,...."  Stop making excuses stop trying to lay the blame anywhere but where it belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment