Friday, June 13, 2014

America: " I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. " Martin Luther King, Jr.

Slate reports

Oklahoma Tea Party Candidate Supports Stoning Gay People to
Death

                                                          Would Scott Esk stone with a smile on his face?


Given how savagely anti-gay the mainstream Oklahoma Republican party is, it’s no surprise that the state’s Tea Partiers are so rabidly hateful that they come across more as dark satire than as serious bigots. To wit: This week, an Oklahoma magazine discovered that last summer, Tea Party state House candidate Scott Esk endorsed stoning gay people to death: “I think we would be totally in the right to do it,” he said in a Facebook post. Esk went on to add nuance to his position:

That [stoning gay people to death] goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I’m largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss.


If anyone can explain away the stupidity inherent in the position that Esk has carved out please feel free to do so. This guy has just support extra judicial murder. Wow America be proud.

When a Facebook user messaged Esk to clarify further, he responded:

I never said I would author legislation to put homosexuals to death, but I didn’t have a problem with it.


I believe him. I have no doubt he would extend that largely " libertarian " position he holds to include not only gay's but other minorities. Could I suggest to Native American / Black American, the unemployed and other minority groups in the USA you vilify him for the disgusting blight he is on humanity.


Understandably unnerved, the magazine called up Esk for clarification. Although Esk claimed he didn’t remember the comments, he fleshed out his views:


Yup memory loss. The problem is I think he is lying and America wants us to be friends with them again. No Obama we do not want you well not you  but the country you represent.

That was done in the Old Testament under a law that came directly from God and in that time there it was totally just. It came directly from God. I have no plans to reinstitute that in Oklahoma law. I do have some very huge moral misgivings about those kinds of sins.

Esk,  you are evil, you are also stupid.


Pressed one final time about his positreion on stoning gay human beings to death, Esk dug in his heels:

I know what was done in the Old Testament and what was done back then was what’s just. … And I d
o stand for Biblical morality.


You are an evil bastard. You have the Hitler look.


Hat tip Ross Blanch

No comments:

Post a Comment